"The Homer City Memorial Field was conceived after the second World War as a living tribute to the men who fought for their country in the war. To make this tribute a reality, the Community Memorial Association of Homer City was organized January 3, 1949, and incorporated as a non-profit organization through the Court of Common Pleas of Indiana County, Pennsylvania. Its purpose was to give the residents of Homer City and vicinity recreational facilities and to engage in any lawful at of undertaking for the purpose of promoting the public welfare or social betterment of the community. The association is governed by a board of directors consisting of fifteen members. In April of 1947 ground was broken for the present athletic field which includes football field, baseball diamond, and a modern swimming pool. Approximately $100,000 has been expended on these facilities exclusive of the property which belongs to the Homer City School Board. As funds are available and the need presents itself, the association will make the effort to provide additional recreational facilities."